Re: PaySwarm Alpha 3 released

On 9 August 2012 04:56, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> PaySwarm Alpha 3 was released today. For this release, we focused on
> getting preliminary REST API documentation published and the PaySwarm
> client code into a state that developers could use. The WordPress client
> code was also updated to match some of the new changes to the specs and
> the REST API. Most of the major design work is done for the upcoming
> commercial release of the software, so we're going to be smashing bugs
> and tweaking the UIs for the foreseeable future.
>
> We're also going to try to work with the Read Write Web Community Group
> to build an HTML5 Web App Store using PaySwarm. We plan to support
> both the purchase of HTML5 Web Apps as well as in-app payments. We think
> that we can either build off of the existing WordPress PaySwarm demo[1],
> or the payswarm.js client code by building a node.js HTML5 Web App.

Congrats, really impressive stuff.

> Here are the major changes:
>
> * REST API documentation
>   * https://dev.payswarm.com/docs

So the docs look great, well organized, simple, easy to follow.

One question I had was why there are two .well-known 'config' files:

{
  "@context": "http://purl.org/payswarm/v1",
  "publicKeyService": "https://dev.payswarm.com/i?form=register"
}

And

{
  "@context": "http://purl.org/payswarm/v1",
  "id": "https://dev.payswarm.com/",
  "authorityIdentity": "https://dev.payswarm.com/i/authority",
  "publicKey": "https://dev.payswarm.com/i/authority/keys/1",
  "contractService": "https://dev.payswarm.com/contracts",
  "licenseService": "https://dev.payswarm.com/licenses",
  "paymentService": "https://dev.payswarm.com/transactions?form=pay",
  "vendorRegistrationService": "https://dev.payswarm.com/i?form=register"
}

The first one I was expecting some kind of key and it gave me the gateway
to register.  The 2nd one I was expecting a config, but the key PEM (
https://dev.payswarm.com/i/authority/keys/1 ) was there

This by no means a criticism, just as a noob trying to understand the
intuition behind it ...

 * payswarm.js client code registration/listing/purchase examples