Re: Seeking testimonials for 16 August launch of Community Groups

On 08/10/2011 11:41 AM, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> We plan to announce the launch of Community Groups on 16 August. I
> would like to invite testimonials to support our press release. If
> you are interested in participating in the announcement, please let
> me know. Thank you,

The launch of the Web Payments Community Group will allow the Web to not
only make electronic commerce easier, but it will also help the Web to
continue to tackle some of humanity's greatest systematic challenges -
person-to-person commerce, friction-less payments, investment, mobile
payments, banking, alternative currencies, and value exchange. A
universal payment mechanism for the Web will allow crowd-funding of
grass-roots initiatives, art and design, start-ups, political action
groups, relief and aid services and will provide new models for
organizations to more effectively gather capital and use it to achieve
crowd-driven results. Digital Bazaar is excited to participate in
creating the future of commerce and looks forward to participating in
the W3C Web Payments Community Group.

-- Manu Sporny, Founder/CEO, Digital Bazaar, Inc.

Ian, feel free to edit as necessary to achieve the tone that you want in
the press release (without deviating from the core of the message, of
course).

blog: Uber Comparison of RDFa, Microformats and Microdata
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/uber-comparison-rdfa-md-uf/