[APP] Semantic Web Applications and Demos (fwd)

Libby,

Years ago I wrote paper characterizing ontology applications, and suggested that the community use it to present their applications, thereby giving people a clear way to compare/contrast applications. I was naïve -- of course, no one bothered...

In this more formal context, where the specific purpose is to track and log projects, there is more hope. Things that are of most interest to me when looking at projects include things like:

* how exactly was RDF or OWL used?
* what would have been a more traditional way to implement the same functionality?
* compare/contrast the different approaches
	- cost to build implementation in the first place
	- expected maintenance costs in the short, medium, long term
	- was there any functionality that RDF/OWL enabled that would
        have been too costly or technically impossible to achieve otherwise?
* what was the value added for using RDF/OWL? Explain exactly how RDF/OWL was important in achieving     these benefits.

Mike

Mike Uschold
Tel: 425 865-3605              Fax: 425 865-2965