Re: [ADTF] next steps / discussion for face to face

Libby Miller a écrit :
> * only 17 descriptions at present
> We have a couple of problems currently:
> * creating these descriptions is a bit boring and fiddly
> * so we don't have many of them
I fully agree with Libby here.
In addition, I also think that if we want to increase the number of
applications and demos described, we need members of this working group
to post an e-mail to the list every time they come across an interesting
application or a repository/directory of interesting applications.

> However the advantage of the current system is that the applications and
> demos are chosen by a member of the ADTF to appear in the list.
> I'd suggest a different approach, that's less time consuming and more
> semwebby and should result in many more descriptions. The suggestion is
> two-fold:
> (a) that we use the Description of a Project (DOAP) vocabulary[2] to
> describe the applications and demos (this is a quick change to the XSLT)
> (b) that we encourage people to describe their own projects
> (...)
> Any thoughts? Fabien in particular, you've done a lot of the cataloging
> - what do you think?

Ideally it would be great to have a system where moderators can invite
someone to describe one given application in a private interface (like
in online review management systems)
This way we could still control the list of applications which are
described by issuing invitations only for those applications that caught
the attention of the working group, and at the same time delegate the
description work to the persons we invited to so.

Fabien
--
"We are all very ignorant,
  but not all ignorant of the same things."