Re: SKOS primer section 3.3 and DCAM VocabularyEncodingScheme

Hi Andy,

You got my comment wrong, Andy! I do agree with your two RDF statements, at least until you've not declared skos:inScheme a subproperty of dcam:memberOf, as you suggest ;-)

What I was puzzled by is that in some parts of your example, you seemed to have specified:
1. that a specific vocabulary (DDC) was itself a subclass of dcam:VocabularyEncodingScheme:
> <scheme/ddc22> a skos:ConceptScheme ;
>   rdfs:subClassOf dcam:VocabularyEncodingScheme .

2 and that a specific concept (123.4 in DDC) was an instance of that scheme:
> <dct:subject>
>   <dct:DDC>
>     <rdf:value>123.4</rdf:value>
>   </dct:DDC>
> </dct:subject>

which of course contradicts with the end of your example, which I would say is correct:
> <class/123.4> a skos:Concept ;
>   skos:inScheme <scheme/ddc22> ;
>   dcam:memberOf <scheme/ddc22> .

Cheers,