Re: Does anyone actually use HTTP_1_1_REQUIRED or HTTP_VERSION_FALLBACK?

On Tue, 23 May 2023, Lucas Pardue wrote:

> I thought I'd ask here to crowdsource some answers about whether these codes
> are actually used in practice.

In curl we have certainly seen HTTP_1_1_REQUIRED used in the past and we have
support for it in code (and nghttp2 knows about it can can return info that it
arrived). I can't say how often or even if it still actually is used in the
wild.

The last report I find now of a server returning it was in March 2019 (because
curl misbehaved). Used for downgrading from HTTP/2 to be able to do NTLM...

--

  / daniel.haxx.se