Re: New I-D: Bootstrapping WebSockets with HTTP/3

Hey Ryan,

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021, 14:49 Ryan Hamilton, <rch@google.com> wrote:

> Howdy Folks,
>
> I've uploaded a -00 of a new draft about Bootstrapping WebSockets with
> HTTP/3. Basically it's a trivial draft that just specifies an HTTP/3
> version of the HTTP/2 setting from RFC 8441 (and specifies that the
> semantics of Extended CONNECT are otherwise identical to that in RFC 8441).
>
>   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hamilton-httpbis-h3-websockets/
>
> This is my first time doing this process so I've quite likely done
> something wrong. :)

In a limited context, I think this is mostly the correct way to do this and
HTTP is the right WG. I do, however, think that it isn't quite so simple as
the text makes out. There's a few minor details that need adding for
HTTP/3, such as some text to describe how to terminate HTTP/3 streams.

In a more broad context, I wonder how (or if)  the current discussions in
MASQUE and WebTrans about aligning on extended CONNECT over HTTP/3 factor
in to the work here. If this piece is solely focused on WebSockets that
might be OK, just trying to understand the pitch.

Cheers
Lucas