Re: Cache control in trailers?

--------
Martin Thomson writes:

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 20:59, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > This is a new HTTP extension which makes it possible to transmit a
> > response with body and header parts swapped.
>
> What seems more likely to work, without needing to change message framing, is a 3xx status code, indicating that the final response is found later in this message, a
> chunked body, and a trailer containing a new field that lists the final status code.

I would be fine with 3xx, and that is maybe indeed be a better idea, because it could still allow 'transmission-optimizing' headers, like Marks proposed "response will be approx X MB" to be used.

They crucial part is that "content metadata", content-type, cache-control and all those, live /either/ in the headers /or/ the trailers, but /never/ in both, not even in an "advisory capacity".