Re: Call for Adoption: HTTP/2 Bis

That seems sensible to me, but I'd like a better understanding of
whether we ever expect to be able to ship extensions to HTTP/2 or not
before I support the lack of a new ALPN.

Google servers have attempted to enable WebSockets over H2 twice to my
knowledge and had to roll it back both times(once only a few months
ago).  +Bence
Béky <bnc@google.com> has done some work to improve the server-side
ecosystem via Chrome experiments, but I'm not sure if we expect enough
improvements in clients and servers to ship extensions in the near future.
If we don't mint a new ALPN, I believe we should call out that extensions
face deployment risk without a new ALPN.

A few IETF contributors I trust have put forth the idea that in 5 years, H2
will no longer be worth supporting given the widespread deployment of H3,
so possibly this is a self-solving problem?

Thanks, Ian