Re: nearing completion for HTTPS RR type (and SVCB RR type)

Hi Erik,

Thanks for passing this along.  I think that this is - as you say - almost done, but not perhaps in the same way that QUIC is almost done.  It's pretty good for a -00 draft, but I found a fairly large number of issues in my review.  Those were mostly editorial or quite minor, but it suggests that maybe another round of edits would be good.

I don't quite see the same decoupling from Alt-Svc that I was expecting based on your note.  I think that the balance there is about right, but I would frame this as a parallel mechanism to Alt-Svc that is deliberately compatible.

As for implementation, we have plans to implement as a client.  They are not concrete plans, however, so don't ask about dates.  I expect that more feedback will be forthcoming as that happens; if you believe that this can ship before then, then I would hope that you would be able to get some experience with client implementations in lieu of what we can provide.

I also think that the requirements for recursive resolvers are such that experience with implementation there is similarly necessary.