FW: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-httpbis-grease-00.txt

There was a recent incident with a peer which closed the connection on an unknown setting, and that has given rise to some discussion about greasing HTTP/2's extension mechanisms (frame types and settings).  This draft is a quick proposal to do just that; if it gets traction on the HTTP/2 side, I'll put the same requirements into the HTTP/QUIC spec.

Comments welcome.

-----Original Message-----
From: internet-drafts@ietf.org <internet-drafts@ietf.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:51 PM
To: Mike Bishop <mbishop@evequefou.be>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-httpbis-grease-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bishop-httpbis-grease-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mike Bishop and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:  draft-bishop-httpbis-grease
Revision: 00
Title:  GREASE for HTTP/2
Document date: 2018-05-24
Group:  Individual Submission
Pages:  4

Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bishop-httpbis-grease-00

Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bishop-httpbis-grease

Abstract:
   Reserves several values in the HTTP/2 registries to exercise the
   requirement that clients and servers ignore unknown values.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat