Re: Working Group Last Call: Bootstrapping WebSockets with HTTP/2

On 03/28/2018 11:48 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Patrick (as editor) has incorporated the discussion from London and believes this is ready for WGLC; there are no open issues.
>
> Please have a look at:
>    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-h2-websockets-01
>
> ... and bring up any issues on-list or on its issues list; likewise statements of support (or otherwise) for publication on-list would be appreciated.

Assuming a resource is only configured for Websocket use, how would you
reject incoming HTTP/2 requests that don't use the extended CONNECT? Or
requests that use the extended CONNECT but with an incorrect :protocol
value? I have been using 426 with HTTP/1.1 but it only seems adequate
for the HTTP/1.1 Upgrade mechanism.

How would you reject extended CONNECT requests in the case where the
server is properly configured to accept them, the client's request is
correct but the resource configured for the given :path refuses to use
Websocket? In HTTP/1.1 requests the Upgrade header could be ignored and
a normal HTTP response sent back. Would you recommend using the status
code 405 for HTTP/2?

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin