Re: Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints-04: (with COMMENT)

On 8/3/17 9:31 PM, Kazuho Oku wrote:
> Consider the case where a proxy that cannot correctly handle an
> informational response is involved. If the client sets a HTTP header
> indicating that it is capable of receiving 103, the proxy will simply
> pass through the header. Therefore, it would become a false signal to
> the server.

Thanks for the explanation. This seems reasonable. I'm still a bit
uneasy about the implied encouragement to user-agent-string sniffing,
but the intended status of "experimental" makes me worry about it much
less than I would otherwise. Hopefully, we can learn from this
experiment how pervasive incorrect handing of 100-class responses in
general is for HTTP clients.

/a