Re: 2017-03-06- UTC, TImeZone, DayLight Saving Shifts, Enconding

Amos,

> On Mar 18, 2017, at 9:23 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> - system designers SHOULD NOT invent their own time scale because every
>
> Heck no. Make that a MUST NOT. Place the invention of more time scales
> into the realm of standards design experts who hopefully actually
> understand all the implications and whether any exceptional case is
> already a solved problem.

Um, I don't think any conformance terminology can be applied to people...  And since this is a BCP document, I'm not sure capitalized conformance terminology even makes sense for this document as a whole.

Better to word this non-normatively but otherwise strongly - make a declarative statement, e.g., "time scales are defined by experts so that system designers can choose an appropriate one", and then provide guidance on how to choose the appropriate time scale.