Re: If not JSON, what then ?

On 3 August 2016 at 15:07, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> What I'm trying to do here and now, is a data model and HTTP/1
> serialization which by design overlaps as many existing headers
> defined syntax as possible, to minimize the number of parsers
> required now and in the future.

I'm skeptical that you will be able to do that without sacrificing
something.  And if the point of the exercise is to define the one true
format (or three or some small number) that is used hereafter, then I
don't see much inherent value in minimizing the distance between the
old thing and the new thing.  I'd rather sacrifice similarity than
lose (for example) decoding efficiency, or UTF-8, or any of the many
things that have been dreamed up.