Re: Call for Adoption: Cache Digests for HTTP/2

On 8/07/2016 1:35 a.m., Alcides Viamontes E wrote:
> Our report on cache digests for HTTP/2, partially funded by the Swedish
> Internet Development fund:
>
> https://if-report.shimmercat.com/dirhtml/
>
> The main content of the report are some numbers regarding per-site cache
> size, which can be used to estimate the size of the cache digest.  Hope it
> can be of some use.

Thank you.

Can you clarify for me whether these numbers are gathered from object
counts on a single page of the visited sites, from an entire session
browsing around those sites, or from a scan of all objects the site
produces that are cacheable?

I am a little worried that they may be from the first two use-case and
thus under-representing how much a shared cache might accumulate per-site.

Amos