Re: Submitted new I-D: Cache Digests for HTTP/2

On 15 January 2016 at 17:23, Kazuho Oku <kazuhooku@gmail.com> wrote:
> A server should merge the values of the cache-digest headers to
> construct the client's cache digest.

I don't think that this would be a good idea.  I would rather try to
use the "scope" parameter to narrow things down, to omit the header
field if there aren't changes, or rely on the server performing some
sort of "magic" tracking based on what it has sent.

The upshot of using a header field is that this really means that this
isn't hop-by-hop information.  Like Ilya said, I doubt that's a huge
problem.  Nothing stopping an intermediary from consuming, modifying,
or inserting the value though.