Re: Client requesting authentication on server & thomson-httpbis-catch

On 20 Mar 2014, at 1:42 am, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:

> So presumably here one could extend the current client "Authorization" header to
> something like
>
>   Authorization: Certificate
>
> So I see that new schemes can be registered at
>
>   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p7-auth-26#section-5.1.2
>   https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt
>
> This does require server side TLS renegotiation to work, but that's where we are at
> present.

I think this makes the most sense, in that then you could send

Vary: Authorization

to indicate that the response varies based upon that header. Might be good to put a hash of the cert into the header...

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/