Re: Yet another trusted proxy suggestion

Le Mer 27 novembre 2013 22:05, Yoav Nir a écrit :

> I just think that the pipe between CDN and content provider should be
> out of scope. This is not some random https connection with no
> pre-arranged trust. This is a connection between entities that have a
> legal contract between them  - real contract, not the "terms and
> conditions" kind. So whether they use TLS or HTTP over an IPsec tunnel
> is not something that we should be concerned about.

However, both the user-agent or any corp proxy would like to differentiate
between cdn-traffic-for-foo and cdn-traffic-for-bar. The trust problem
does not stop at the cdn level.

For one that would allow the proxy operator to special-case
cdn-traffic-for-foo without any side-effect on
cdn-traffic-for-someone-else (for example we definitely want to authorise
our akamaihd videos without having users slurp all the other videos
akaimaihd pushes)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot