Re: Expect: + Upgrade: = ...

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 12:05:57PM -0700, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 6 September 2013 11:52, Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi> wrote:
> > So if server sends 101 and then 100, one direction of connection is
> > HTTP/1.1 and the other is HTTP/2.0 until the request is completed?
>
> Presumably, yes.  But we shouldn't allow that.

In fact not really. The client requests an Upgrade and expects whatever
it sees after the double CRLF following the 101 to be in the upgraded
protocol. So it's not one direction in one version and the other one in
another version, it's one side ready for 2.0 and the other side not yet
aware of this readiness and waiting for the response to come.

Willy