Re: Do we kill the "Host:" header in HTTP/2 ?

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2013 1:50 AM, "Amos Jeffries" <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> This makes several assumptions which are false and will cause a lot of
>> trouble:
>>  1) scheme of URI is always http(s)://.
>
> Yes, it does make this assumption. It seems, rather safe to me. What other
> schemes do we need to support?

All of them, potentially. Anomalies aside (thanks, DAV :), HTTP
methods are uniform so apply to all resources independent of the
scheme used by any particular identifying URI.

"ftp" is the only one I've seen used in practice though, as others
have pointed out.

$ nc ftp.debian.org 80
GET ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/README HTTP/1.0

Mark.