Re: 3.3.1 Frame Header: Purpose of 1-bit reserved field?

I recommend keeping that bit reserved and leaving Stream ID at 31 bits for
an additional reason: there are some very common programming languages with
only signed 32-bit integers, and inattentive implementors who try to
enforce assertions like "stream IDs must increase monotonically" will
encounter surprises.  Or, more likely, their users will encounter
surprises, years later.