Re: [Ietf-message-headers] Last Call Summary on draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized

08.01.2011 19:24, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 08.01.2011 16:58, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
>> Many LC comments referred to that it would be uninteresting and useless
>> to implement this.  Maybe one of them seems the most interesting for me
>> - it said about the 'Warning' headers that should be used in this
>> occasion.  This, IMO, is one of the most suitable for me and this
>> technology.  But if we implement this now using Warning, one problem is
>
> I don't see how (a) using HTTP warnings would resolve the problems
> other people see, (b) how the use of warnings makes this proposal any
> better, nor (c) that warnings are actually applicable here (see
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-12.html#rfc.section.3.6>).
At the moment no any, and I want to define a new one.  In spite of this
there is no any registry (see below).  I ask the WG for opinion on
should we create it or not?

>> absence of IANA registry for Warning codes, such as for Status codes.
>> As this message is now sent to httpbis WG mailing list, I ask you if
>> there is a sense in creating such registry?
>
> We might create a registry when/if when there are actually requests
> for new Warning values.
However no one can actually do this since there is no such registry.  So
I think there should be the appropriate registry.  Will the WG agree
with me?