Re: Last Call: <draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-08.txt> ('Headers-Not-Recognized' HTTP Header Field) to Experimental RFC

On 17.12.2010 15:33, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
> 17.12.2010 16:29, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> On 17.12.2010 15:20, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
>>> In previous version there have been the 'server' and 'client' terms
>>> instead 'host'. However it is obvious for me that there can be as
>>> servers as clients that do not recognize some headers of another side of
>>> exchange.
>>
>> But clients can't respond with the header, so there's no point in
>> pretending this applies to them.
> In my document the term 'header' means 'header field' since client are
> able to put any header to the request and I meant just it.

I realize that you use "header" as synonym for "header field".

What I was trying to say was that it doesn't make sense to speak of
clients and servers in general, when it's really only the server who can
set the H-N-R header field.

Best regards, Julian