Re: proposal for issue #178

Etag proves nothing if the servers are out of sync data wise but the
Etags agree for what ever reason. Which I consider much higher probability
than corruption in a single segment response. An MD5 or other 'checksum'
of similar or better strength when applied to the reconstructed entity
will 'prove' it to be completely received and reconstructed correctly.

Etag only indicates that the servers believe they are serving the same
binary bits, not that they did, or the the reconstruction was bug free,
etc.