Re: Issue 166: clarify term "User Agent" and resolve inconsistencies with W3C specs

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> To me, the biggest difference is that a UA is the end node; i.e., it is the
> 'origin client' to compliment the 'origin server.' A proxy is a client, not
> a user-agent.

Ah yes. That's a very good point, but isn't it a bit too subtle to name an
end-point "UA" while an end-point or proxy is called "client" ?

I mean, if the distinction in the docs need to separate an end-point from a
proxy, won't for example those (more explicit) terms be better to use then?

--

  / daniel.haxx.se