Re: [google-gears-eng] Re: Deploying new expectation-extensions

As you call out, the real problem here is HTTP/1.0 and lower proxies.
For that matter, it seems that the primary focus of section 8.2.3 is
to deal with intermediate HTTP/1.0 and lower proxies (otherwise the
origin server could simply do all the work, and Expects wouldn't even
be needed).

So why would this be necessary for 100 Continues but not other 1xx responses?

Charles