Re: i28 proposed replacement text

Yves,

Do you mean:

> 2: If a Transfer-Encoding header field (Section 14.41) is present, and
>    has any value other than "identity", then the transfer-length is
>    defined by use of the "chunked" transfer-coding (Section 3.6).

? (I think there was a cut-and-paste error, perhaps).

If so, +1.

One comment -- this is good, but my reading of the "unless the message
is terminated..." text is that it was intended to cover the case where
the connection is prematurely closed. It may be useful to have text
added below the numbered list along these lines;

"""
If a message has a defined length (e.g., using chunked encoding,
Content-Length, or multipart/byteranges), and the connection is
prematurely closed, then the transfer-length will be less than
indicated, and the message is incomplete.
"""

This leaves the question open of whether we want to place any
additional requirements on incomplete messages (which should probably
be considered separately).

Cheers,