Re: Proposal for an HTTP ERR method

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:02:54 +0100, Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
wrote:

> Nonethless, I suspect the correct fix in _this_ case is to change the
> standards to admit that text/xml (with no charset) doesn't force a
> us-ascii charset, because that's silly, and if an XML file starts with
> an <?xml..?> declaration which specifies the encoding, _that's_ the
> encoding of the file.  Just like text/html.

Absolutely. That makes the most sense, especially since that's how many
(most?) XML libraries already behave. Therefore, I think Mark's
PaceShouldBeWellFormed[1] is imho a perfect solution.

____
[1] <url: http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceShouldBeWellFormed>

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        asbjornu@hotmail.com