From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alex Mogilevsky
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:26 AM
To: robert@ocallahan.org; Håkon Wium Lie
Cc: www-style@w3.org; Chris Jones
Subject: RE: [css3-multicol] column balancing and fixed height (RE: Question on Flexbox balance implementation)

Great, it seems we are in agreement on column balancing with specified height.

A related issue is the behavior of column-span in overflow, with specified height.

If in the following markup some column-span elements appear in overflow, it is to be defined how many columns they span:

                <H2 style=“span: all;”>BBBBBB…</H2>
                <H2 style=“span: all;”>EEEEEEE…</H2>
                <H2 style=“span: all;”>HHHHHH…</H2>

We think this rendering would be the most logical:

Would you agree?