RE: Position Heading Questions?

-1

I'd like to understand why people think that orientation doesn't fall under the auspices of location.  I've seen the view expressed, but never justified.

To elucidate my perspective, I consider the position of an entity to be incomplete without orientation.  Just like you need a heading to make sense of speed, the position of an entity is incomplete without orientation.  Like speed, a position can be used without this extra information, but the scope of use cases increases with its inclusion.

Taking this on a superficial level, presenting this to a user/site on a different interface introduces the complexity and overhead of additional specifications.  A new working group sounds a little heavyweight for what amounts to a single numerical value.

Regards,
Martin

this email is prohibited.
[mf2]