Re: Problem in SXLT spec.

On 19/01/2011 10:58, Christopher Gutteridge wrote:
> in http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#function-format-number
> Seciont: 12.3 Number Formatting
> Text:  JDK 1.1 DecimalFormat
>
> The link to
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/api/java.text.DecimalFormat.html
> no longer works and without it the specification is unclear.
>
> I know that there's XSLT 2.0 now, but many people are still using XSLT
> 1 for the next few years so we *really* need the documentation!

Thanks for the comment.

The Working Group has no immediate plans to revisit the XSLT 1.0
specification or its errata (like everyone else, we are stretched for
resources and rely on volunteer labour), but I'll add the comment to the
list of "things that ought to be fixed" in case this situation changes.

Last time I looked, although the JDK 1.1 spec was no longer at the cited
location, it was still available somewhere. But that was before the
Oracle acquisition. It's an object lesson in the danger of relying on
the permanence of online publications. I wonder whether W3C specs are
being archived anywhere indepentently of W3C itself?

Michael Kay
Saxonica