Re: is there a media type for XSL-FO?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 23:36:03 +0200
To: liam@w3.org
CC: xsl-editors@w3.org
On 2011-05-19 23:27, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 14:03 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> see the subject line -- is there a media type for XSL-FO documents?
>
> I don't believe so.
>
> The original WG didn't anticipate that people would interchange XSL-FO
> documents, but rather that they would interchange the XML input
> documents, and would run XSLT as needed.

Indeed. They are exchanged rarely, but they are sometimes exchanged.

The question came up when discussing browser handling of
application/xslt+xml; the absence of a distinct type for FO, no matter
how seldom it would be useful, keeps confusing people.

> I think we should add a media type definition as XSL-FO 2 moves forward.
> Do you have a reason for us to do it sooner?

That of course depends on what "sooner" means :-) What's the timeline
for XSL-FO 2?

Thanks for the feedback,

Julian