RE: What makes CSS so special?

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:07:42 +0100
To: '"Eyüphan Celebi"' <E.Celebi@gmx.de>, <xsl-editors@w3.org>

> I know the times where the internet was without CSS but I
> also remember that these sites did look a but ugly compared
> to sites of today.
> Now, CSS is something almost every webdesigner is talking
> about. But I am asking myself what is so special about it and
> moreover who is inventing it?

You can find information about the development of CSS within W3C at
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

You may find useful the background information about CSS development in this
book:

Cascading Style Sheets, designing for the Web, by Hċkon Wium Lie and Bert
Bos (3rd ed., 2005, Addison Wesley, ISBN 0-321-19312-1)

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay