String tokenizing in XSL

From: priby <princy.mat@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 01:53:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

Greetings to all..

I am trying tokenize a string in XSL using str:tokenize. I want the
delimiter to be taken as a combination of charactes. That is the tokenizing
should occur only if combination of characters exist. (It should not
tokenize if any of the characters in the delimiter is present individually)

For egs:

When I use str:tokenize('A%^B~^C%^D~^','~^') , I should get the output as
A%^B and C%^D.

Is it possible with str:tokenize? IF not is there any other function to do
this.

Thanks in advance..
priby