xsl 1.1 naming

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:05:39 +0100
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

A comment came up on the xslt list which you may wish to consider.

> Just a minor point: there will never be an XSLT 1.1. Work on XSL-FO 1.1
> is well under way: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/

yes I thought of that too when the message came back, didn't think of it
while writing. I think actually given the history of xslt 1.1 it's
rather unfortunate that teh XSL wg have numbered XSL revision 1.1rather
than 1.2 or 2 or something else, given that it still claims more or less
that xslt and xsl-fo are "part" of xsl.

regards

--
Dave Pawson