Modification on XSL 1.1 wording on change-bars

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:02:10 -0500
To: <xsl-editors@w3.org>

The XSL FO SG has decided to make the following
wording clarification to the XSL 1.1 CR (the new
wording to be reflected in the PR).

The first paragraph under Constraints for
fo:change-bar-begin currently reads:

 An fo:change-bar-begin/fo:change-bar-end pair is
 considered a matching pair if (1) the value of their
 change-bar-class properties are identical and
 (2) between (in document order) the fo:change-bar-begin
 and fo:change-bar-end formatting objects, there are either
 (a) no fo:change-bar-begin and fo:change-bar-end formatting
 objects or (b) only matching pairs of fo:change-bar-begin
 and fo:change-bar-end formatting objects.

We plan to change it to read as follows:

 An fo:change-bar-begin/fo:change-bar-end pair is
 considered a matching pair if (1) the value of their
 change-bar-class properties are identical and
 (2) between (in document order) the fo:change-bar-begin
 and fo:change-bar-end formatting objects, the only
 occurrences of fo:change-bar-begin and
 fo:change-bar-end formatting objects of that class
 (if any) are matching pairs.

This says what we meant it to say and does properly
define "matched pair" to allow for the straddling change
bars that we certainly did mean to allow.

Paul Grosso
for the XSL FO SG