Potential error in E37 of the latest errata for XSLT 1.0

From: Buchcik, Kasimier <k.buchcik@4commerce.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:44:07 +0200
To: <xsl-editors@w3.org>

In E37 (http://www.w3.org/1999/11/REC-xslt-19991116-errata/),
Section 11.5; a sentence was changed to:
"In this case, the binding is visible for the descendants of all
following siblings that are not xsl:fallback instructions".
This means that a local variable is not visible to its siblings,
but only the descendants of those siblings. Since I cannot think
of an XSLT 1.0 processor which rejects the following example, I
wonder if this is a bug in the errata.

<xsl:template match="foo">
  <xsl:varible name="bar" select="'bar'"/>
  <!-- According to the modified definition the following should
       raise an error, since $bar is not visible to the
       xsl:value-of sibling of xsl:variable.
  <xsl:value-of select="$bar"/>