Re: aligment-adjust property

From: Manuel Mall <mm@arcus.com.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:58:43 +0800
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 04:10 am, you wrote:
> At 11:57 PM 10/31/2005, Manuel Mall wrote:
>
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 02:36 pm, Steve Zilles wrote:
> >> At 02:30 AM 9/28/2005, Manuel Mall wrote:

<snip/>

> Thus, the definition that is missing from the XSL specification is
> the definition of the "before-edge" of the "aligned sub-tree" that is
> being aligned. With the addition of this definition, the values of
> "before-edge" and "after-edge" make sense and do the correct thing.

Yes I agree that adding something like this to the XSL spec will address
the issue. However, it seems to me that the omission is deliberate on
behalf of the WG. They clearly intended to only define
before-/after-edge for a line area and not for arbitrary aligned
sub-trees (nested inline elements). It would be interesting to hear
from the WG the reasoning for that decision.

<snip/>

Manuel