Re: 5.3.2 Margin, Space, and Indent Properties

From: <Klaas_Bals@inventivedesigners.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:27 +0200
To: "Peter B. West" <lists@pbw.id.au>
Cc: xsl-editors <xsl-editors@w3.org>
> It seems to me now that the indent must be "reset" on
> such FOs, and reset according to the computed margin, border and padding

> properties, so that the descendants of the FO have a "clean slate"
> against which to express or calculate their accumulating indents.

Peter,

Thank you for you feedback.

Previous comments about this topic of inheritance of start-indent were
already sent in the past. For example see
http://www.w3.org/2001/08/28-XSL-PR-DOC , comment 20, item 3.

For the same reasons as explained in comment 20 item 3, the XSL-FO SG has
decided not to change anything to the existing inheritance rules.

Klaas Bals

on behalf of the XSL FO SG.

-----
Klaas Bals  -  CTO
Inventive Designers
Direct Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210183
Office Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Office Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Klaas_Bals at inventivedesigners dot com
http://www.inventivedesigners.com

Inventive Designers - Keep your options open...

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: