RE: span-reference-areas

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:38:04 -0500
To: <werner.donne@re.be>, <xsl-editors@w3.org>

The XSL WG considered this issue during the development
of XSL 1.0.  We felt there were lots of complex
implementation issues involved in allowing nested
span-reference-areas, and we didn't want to do that
in XSL 1.0.  When scoping 1.1, we did not include
reconsideration of this issue, so any such consideration
would have to wait to a future release of the spec.

I've added this issue to our "post 1.1 issues" list.

Paul for the XSL FO SG.