How to apply bold attribute to a string?

From: Haldankar, Anand <anand.haldankar@citigroup.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:41:33 -0500
To: <xsl-editors@w3.org>
Hi,

    Can anybody tell me how I can apply a bold attribute to a sting of words in FOP without breaking a statement. I tried using

<fo:block font-family="serif" font-weight="bold"><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>

This gives a line break before & after the bold string.

I tried using the </fo:inline-sequence> but it pops out a error ,

Unsupported element encountered: inline-sequence

Any ideas how I can do this ?

!Thanks