RE: marginalia use case issues

Victor,

Thank you for your interest in XSL.

The XSL FO SG has necessarily limited to scope of XSL 1.1
in an attempt to get it out sooner rather than later.

We have added inside and outside to float for XSL 1.1, and
that might allow you to get some of what you wants, but any
further changes in this area are deemed to be beyond the scope
of XSL 1.1.

We will add further work in this area to our list of potential
post-1.1 features, but this cannot be taken as any kind of commitment.

Paul Grosso
for the XSL FO SG