Re: Missing feature in XSL 1.1

From: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:25:42 +0100 (MET)
To: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Cc: xsl-editors@w3.org

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> I just finished reading new XSL 1.1 requirements material. It contains
> many really needed extensions, but I'm missing one very important one.
>
> Even XSL 1.1 is not able (AFAIK) to solve quite simple task -- to place
> floated images on the outer side of page.

I'm not going to comment a possible solution, but to endorse Jirka's
requirement I think it is in general necessary to have a facility to
distinct even and odd pages in the region body.

Currently it's not possible to
- use different start-indent/text-indent values
  (to align blocks on the outer/inner side of a page)
- use different borders
  (to create only a border on the outer/inner side)
- create different contents
  (e.g. one icon for odd pages and another for even pages)

Best regards,
Oliver Becker