re: http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt (errata submission)

From: Stephen Ryan <sryan@speakeasy.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:12:41 -0800
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

Dear W3C,

Thank you for your excellent documentation efforts. Your concise XSLT
recommendation is much appreciated by me. Please allow me to contribute
this humble suggestion.

In Section: 5.2, the 3rd bullet in the list named "Here are some
examples of patterns:" reads:

* chapter|appendix matches any chapter  element and any appendix element

However "and" may be regarded as ambiguous (and potentially inaccurate,
if it were taken to mean that both conditions must be satisfied to
resolve truely). "or" may suggest this logic more clearly as in:

* chapter|appendix matches any chapter  element or any appendix element

Sincerely,
Stephen Ryan
sryan@speakeasy.org