FO RFE: Page-aware conditional inclusion

From: W. Eliot Kimber <eliot@isogen.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:42:34 -0500
To: xsl editors <xsl-editors@w3.org>

In the very old days, when I used IBM BookMaster to produce printed
documents from generic markup, BookMaster provided the feature of
automatically suppressing the "on page xx" text generated by cross
references if the thing referenced was on the same page as the
reference.

I would like to do the same thing with XSL FO but it's not
possible in XSL 1.0. That is, I'd like to be able to do something like
this:

<xsl:template match="crossref">
  <fo:inline>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="id(@refid)" mode="xref"/>