Re: ExprToken in XSL FO expression language

From: Jeff Caruso <jcaruso@pageflexinc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:47:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
CC: w3c-xsl-fo-sg@w3.org, xsl-editors@w3.org

Paul Grosso wrote:

> I must be missing something obvious or forgetting
> a previous discussion, because I can't believe no
> one has noticed this before.
> In XSL's expression language [1], we define ExprToken
> in production 14 [2], but a scan of the spec for
> ExprToken shows it is never referenced anywhere in
> the expression language.
> What am I missing?

I believe this has the same status as "ExprToken" in the XPath spec. In
XPath, ExprToken is not specifically a production essential to the grammar.
All the tokens on the right-hand side are pushed down into other
definitions, but ExprToken collects all possible lexical tokens in one place
for the benefit of anyone writing a tokenizer. I think the same applies

 -- JeffC

Dr. Jeffrey L. Caruso <jcaruso@pageflexinc.com>
Pageflex, Inc.  215 First St.  Cambridge, MA 02142
(A Bitstream company)