Regarding your comment on xsl-editors

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Peter B. West" <pbwest@powerup.com.au>
Cc: xsl-editors@w3.org

Thank you for your comment to xsl-editors@w3.org archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xsl-editors/2002JanMar/0121

The XSL WG is going through the comments at this time, developing
errata and lists of items to consider for a future version of XSL.

The following is our disposition of your above comment:

---
>Could you please clarify for me the role of properties defined on
>elements of the layout-master-set subtree in inheritance within
>page-sequences.  For example, numerous properties apply to
>fo:simple-page-master and the various regions which are not exclusive to
>the layout-master-set.  These properties seem, in general, not to be
>inherited, but to support the  `inherit' keyword.  When such properties
>occur in an fo:flow with the `inherit' specifier, in the absence of any
>specification in the line of descent from fo:root to the element in the
>fo tree, but with a specified value on the relevant region-body, is the
>computed value derived from the initial value or from the value
>specified on fo:region-body?

Disposition: Explanation of XSL spec

It is derived from the value specified on fo:region-body.

>When properties not directly applicable to the layout-master-set and its
>children are specified on one of those children which later becomes
>involved in the page generation for a flow, are those properties
>inherited, of available for `inherit' specification, by children of the
>flow?

Disposition: Explanation of XSL spec

No.

>When the from-nearest-specified-value function is invoked within a flow,
>are the properties specified on the page master elements for the current
>page also available to the function? "The value returned is that for the
>closest ancestor of the formatting object for which the expression is
>evaluated on which there is an assignment of the property in the XML
>result tree in the fo namespace."

Disposition: Explanation of XSL spec

No.
---

Please Reply (cc-ing xsl-editors@w3.org) if you wish to make
an objection to our resolution.

Thank you for your interest in XSL.

Paul Grosso for the XSL FO Subgroup of the XSL WG