Re: Sort keys and selecting nodes

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:08:47 +0000
To: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com>
CC: xsl-editors@w3.org
Hi Mike,

I wrote:
> (b) Another point here is that I think that banning the data-type
> attribute from taking QNames other than those naming the primitive
> types of XML Schema is a source of backwards incompatibility, but it
> isn't listed as such in Appendix J.1.1.
[snip]
> On (b), I don't think this is a serious incompatibility, because the
> semantics of specifying a QName as the data-type were never defined in the
> 1.0 specification, but I will add it to J.1.1 nevertheless.

Well, it's kinda serious if you've been using the ability to write
collation sequences in Saxon -- stylesheets that use them would be
invalid under XSLT 2.0, as far as I can tell, unless they were used
with a prefix associated with the namespace
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema and a name corresponding to one of
the XML Schema primitive data types.

Cheers,

Jeni