Re: escape-uri-attributes

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:37:13 GMT
To: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com
CC: jeni@jenitennison.com, werner.donne@re.be, xsl-editors@w3.org

Actually I believe (W3C I18 WG should have the details) that the
(current) intention is that URI shouldn't have to be escaped in XML (or
HTML) documents and that the uri-quoting should be performed by whatever
agent is lifting the uri out of a document and passing it to the uri
handler.

the charmod document (still at WD stage) says that all new w3c
specs MUST follow this scheme:

http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod/#sec-URIs

This would mean that when generating XML (or taking a slighlty
revisionist view of history, HTML) one shouldn't quote the href
attributes at all.

David